In L’Equipe’s annual salary report, the French news outlet revealed who the 10 best-paid footballers in Europe are going by monthly wage before tax, with Barcelona striker Lionel Messi on top of the list with £7.3million beating long-term rival Cristiano Ronaldo in second who earns a staggering £4.1m a month before tax.
Coming in third is Atletico Madrid striker Antoine Griezmann who earns £2.9m (€3.3m).
Paris Saint-Germain’s Neymar follows Griezmann with reported monthly earnings of £2.7m (€3.06m) while Luis Suarez completes the top five with a monthly wage of £2.5m (€2.9m).
1. Lionel Messi – £7.3million
2. Cristiano Ronaldo – £4.1million
3. Antoine Griezmann – £2.9million
4. Neymar – £2.7million
5. Luis Suarez – £2.5million
6. Gareth Bale – £2.2million
7. Philippe Coutinho – £2million
8. Alexis Sanchez – £2million
9. Kylian Mbappe – £1.5million
10. Mesut Ozil – £1.4million