An apprentice has been crushed to death by a woman after he went to her house to demand for workmanship.

A woman who used her car to crush an apprentice to death after he demanded to be paid money for work he did for her. The incident took place in Ude-Ugbo in Igbotako, Okitipupa Local Government Area of Ondo State, after a heated argument between the duo.
According to the Ondo State police command, the woman, Mrs. Tope Obat,  had been arrested after she crushed the apprentice, Mr. Sunday to death. A police source said Mrs. Obat and Mr. Sunday were arguing over payment for a job he had successfully completed.
“Sunday went to her [Tope Obat] house to demand his money after he had carried out a menial job for her sometime ago with the promise to pay him after the completion of the work,” a police source told our correspondent.
“But the enraged woman blatantly refused to pay the money and the poor apprentice insisted on not going home until she paid him his money for the workmanship
“So, in an attempt to get paid by all means, the late Sunday was forced to stand in front of the vehicle of Mrs. Obat, who was about to drive off at that moment.

“The woman kick-started the vehicle, knocking Sunday down in the process. He was then rushed to an undisclosed hospital for treatment but was confirmed dead on arrival,” the police source explained.
Police said investigation revealed that the woman deliberately caused the death of the young man. In a report by SaharaReporters, a resident described the man as an iron lady.
“The woman is an iron lady and always wants to ride over everyone in the street due to her riches,” a local resident told SaharaReporters.
“When the incident occurred, some angry youths in the community mobilized to her house and wanted to set it ablaze, but she was protected by the policemen drafted from the division.

“I also learned that the police want to release her for Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because her family has money to bribe her way out of jail,” the source added.
Police said the suspected murderer was formally detained at the Igbotako Police Station before she was transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) in Akure.
The incident was confirmed Femi Joseph, the police spokesman in the state. Mr. Joseph described the woman as a ‘suspect’ who was still being investigated for the murder case and is currently in police custody.


Post a Comment